Communications and Engagement Officer
Communications and Engagement Officer
Salary: Grade G (£32,430) per annum
Appointment Type: Fixed term - 9 months
Job Term: Full Time
At Kingston, we are passionate about our Royal Borough and want to be known as a Council that is an exemplar for citizen engagement, we are redefining the relationships we have with our residents, community groups, businesses, voluntary sector, central government and other partners.
We offer the chance to join a forward thinking organisation that is committed to transforming its business and improving outcomes for residents and driving improved value for money. We have a modern working environment for our staff allowing you to work flexibly whilst on the move from your mobile or Chromebook, and at home following the introduction of Google Mail and Apps which have acted as a key enabler for collaborative and streamlined working.
The Council is focused on delivering the best possible outcomes for our communities. To do this the Council needs people who thrive in a networked organisation are highly motivated, creative, and able to prioritise a varied and challenging work programme. For the right individuals we offer competitive salary, agile working and the opportunity to work with like-minded people based in one of the most attractive places to live in the country.
About the role
This is an exciting role in the new Communication and Engagement function at the heart of the Council as part of a team delivering the best possible outcomes for our communities through championing community engagement and ensure it is ‘hard wired’ into council decision making. This will involve helping the team with media and campaigns activity that inform, change behaviour and encourage audiences to work more closely with the council. You’ll also support the delivery of internal communications activities, respond to media enquiries and generate proactive news content.
We are looking for someone with experience of working in a corporate communications environment. You should be confident in delivering multi-channel strategic campaigns and have excellent communication and digital skills with good attention to detail and an eagerness to learn. The right candidate will demonstrate innovation and creativity as well as the ability to adapt to different ways of working to meet the changing demands of the role.
A key part of the role is to build networks and relationships with teams across council, residents, communities and other external partners to develop and deliver communications and engagement. This is a role that offers career progression. You will have the ability to work independently on key projects and priorities and meet milestones to progress to the next grade.
Benefits we offer
Kingston Council has good access to central London and our offices are a short walk from the station based in the middle of the historic and vibrant high street next to the open spaces of the river Thames, offering a wide range of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities; all making for a desirable place to live and work.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of staff benefits, some of which include:
- 26 days annual leave - In addition you will receive 8 statutory bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Interest free season loan ticket
- Cycle to work and Zip Car Scheme
- Discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres
- Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
- A forward thinking and networked organisation where employee’s views are valued.
- Modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices.
Close date - 31st October (23:59)
More searches like this
- Environmental Protection Technical / Scientific jobs in Kingston Upon Thames
- Food Safety Technical / Scientific jobs in Kingston Upon Thames
- General Environmental Health Technical / Scientific jobs in Kingston Upon Thames
- Health and Safety Technical / Scientific jobs in Kingston Upon Thames
- Housing Technical / Scientific jobs in Kingston Upon Thames