Noise Complaints Officer
Our client in Central London is seeking a Noise Complaints Officer to join its team on an initial 3 month basis.
* Investigate complaints relating to statutory nuisance from the general public and provide advice and assistance to householders and businesses as part of a 24 hour shifted team.
* Implement and enforce environmental health policies, using specialist technical skills and knowledge to maintain and safeguard standards relating to people's health and well-being.
* Carry out routine or unplanned visits and inspections to ensure compliance with legislation and taking action to improve conditions, taking photos, producing drawings, removing samples and conducting interviews as part of the inspection process
* Taking enforcement action, initiating legal proceedings, preparing and giving evidence in court
* Promote and ensure integration of environmental health with all other services across the Council and with other partners to deliver a co-ordinated and seamless operation.
As a member of the team you will be asked to initiate enforcement action, where necessary, relating to infringements of relevant legislation (Environmental Protection Act 1990). You will need to deal with reactive complaints work and will vary between specialities including and noise and nuisance investigations.
Degree in a relevant subject
Membership or working towards membership of a relevant professional body
Educated to A Level standard/NVQ 3 in a relevant subject (or equivalent demonstrable experience)
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8732 5450.
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.