Public Health Practitioner
Our client in East London is seeking a Public Health Practitioner to join its team on an initial 3 month basis.
The purposed of this role is to lead and support the development of products within the public health work plan and improve population health and reduce inequalities through partnership working and influencing a wide range of stakeholders.
The post holder will be a member of core public health team, located in the Strategic Commissioning directorate.
The post holder will worth with the Consultant in Public Health and Head of Public Health Commissioning on a number of complex areas of work, ensuring high quality public health advice, support and products are available as per the work plan and agreed milestones.
The post holder will be expected to work independently and is professionally accountable directly to the Consultant in Public Health and line managed by the Head of Public Health; will have freedom to act and partially devolved responsibility to the lead areas of work.
The post holder will be expected to communicate with and work alongside clinicians, GPs, managers, patient users, voluntary organisations, NHS England Area team and Public Health England across agencies drawing on a wealth of wider expertise from beyond Local Authority.
- Lead on work with key stakeholders across the system to develop and implement policies, strategies and initiatives to improve population health and wellbeing and reduce health inequalities and to provide a population health prevention approach.
- Lead on specific areas of the work plan, ensuring products are high quality and delivered to agreed milestones.
- Provide/support the development of public health expert advice on population health needs and proven interventions to improve health to politicians and senior stakeholders and influence political and partner decision making to maximise the use of evidence based to improve health outcomes.
- Work with Commissioners and the Public Health Intelligence and Policy team to develop high quality needs assessment, analysis equity audits, evaluations, insight and literature reviews.
- Support the development of service specification and procurement strategies to maximise the demonstrable public health impact.
- Review legislation, policy and evidence to inform local strategy, plans and service contracts and produce high quality evidence summaries.
Qualifications and experience
Evidence of delivery against the four Public Health Practitioner skill sets:
- Professional and ethical practice
- Technical competencies
- Application of public health competencies
- Underpinning skills and knowledge
- Excellent level of experience in leading, developing, implementing and evaluating relevant public health programmes/initiatives using Health Needs Assessment, Health Impact Assessments and Health Equity Audits
- Experience of initiating and managing public health projects and ability to facilitate policy development including research, analysing information and report writing.
- Has attained, or is working towards Public Health Practitioner registration
- Graduate with specialist public health knowledge acquired through training, extended courses, experience or postgraduate diploma level or equivalent qualification
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com