1 day left
- Full Time
About the role
We are looking to recruit an experienced, committed and enthusiastic individual to join our Licensing Team, based out of our new offices in Colindale.
The Licensing team deal with application and licenses related to Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005, special treatment, street trading, animal welfare and scrap metal licensing. The officer will assist in the delivery of all aspects of the licensing service from the processing of applications to enforcement of the regulations and attendance at hearings and reviews.
The successful applicant will be jointly employed by Regional Enterprise and London Borough of Barnet to enable exercise of statutory powers and will be required to support the Regulatory Services team in the delivery of a range of enforcement functions. There will also be opportunities to be involved in projects well beyond those normally available in the public sector, including commercial growth.
About Capita Re
Re, Regional Enterprise Limited, is a joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita. Re runs the Council’s development and regulatory services including strategic planning, development management and regeneration services. Re will deliver growth in the Borough and develop a new and exciting consultancy business, which will supplement the core activities. Re aim to build better services, provide value for money, support the local economy and make Barnet an even better place to live and work.
What you will do:
- Provide specialist Licensing advice within the Authority as required
- Undertake investigations of service requests, contraventions of legislation, appeals, licensing requirements, risk or other circumstances within the general purview of the Section
- Inspect or visit vehicles, stalls, plant or equipment
- Undertake the enforcement of legislation and exercise powers as required
- Prepare and deliver publicity campaigns and educational and preventative work, as required
- Provide evidence at legal proceedings and other quasi-judicial hearings
Your experience will include:
- Relevant and recent experience in the licensing areas listed above
- Ability to progress projects in a timely manner in accordance with Corporate Guidelines
- Organised, efficient and forward thinking
- Excellent written and presentation skills
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. This is an exciting opportunity to combine the traditional benefits of working in local government with those of the private sector. We offer a range of benefits which include membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, payment of a professional subscription and learning and development opportunities as well as
voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.