Senior Environmental Health Officer
- Full Time
SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH OFFICER
£29,079 - £37,248 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Environmental Health Officer to join our Food, Health and Safety and Licensing team. You will complete a variety of work including food hygiene inspections, health and safety inspections, accident investigations, investigate health and safety and food complaints, infectious disease and food borne disease investigations and sampling - taking appropriate enforcement action where required. The role is a full time, permanent position and you will receive £29,079 - £37,248 per annum plus excellent benefits. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated team player to undertake the full range of duties (Food & Health and Safety) working in a geographical area of the District.
Braintree is an ambitious and dynamic Council and is becoming one of the fastest growing Districts in the East of England with three growing towns, London just 45 minutes away and the district located directly between the international transport centres of Stansted Airport and Harwich and Felixstowe International Ports. We have a deserved track record for delivering and a strong reputation within the business community.
In return for your work as our Senior Environmental Health Officer we offer excellent benefits including;a
- Competitive salary of £29,079 - £37,248 per annum
- Excellent Learning and Development Opportunities
- Flexible Working Scheme
- Free Car Parking
- Lease Car scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff Discounts that staff can take advantage of including gym membership and through a number of local businesses
- An employee assistance programme – providing advice, assistance and counselling to employees on a wide range of issues
As our Senior Environmental Health Officer you will provide an Environmental Health Service within Braintree District Council, undertaking appropriate functions in the specialist areas of either Public Health, Housing & Pollution, or Food, Health & Safety & Licensing.
What we’re looking for in our Senior Environmental Health Officer:
- Degree in Environmental Health or equivalent, or working towards final qualification
- EHORB Registration, or working towards
- Knowledge & training in evidence gathering and enforcement work – awareness of RIPA & PACE requirements
- Experience of working in Environmental Health
- Experience of securing regulatory compliance
- Knowledge of the legislation that governs the work of the team
- Full driving licence
- Developed presentation skills
- Customer service skills and experience
- Negotiation and influencing skills to deal with difficult and conflict situations
- Excellent decision making skills
- Proficient IT skills
Candidates who can demonstrate that they are either:
- Actively working towards their EHRB registration, or;
- Willing to enrol on the chartered practitioner programme;
will be considered, but pay cannot progress beyond Grade 4 (Maximum £32,352) until such time as the above is achieved and the competencies outlined in the Food Law Code of Practice are met.
Braintree District Council is a great place to work. We pride ourselves on our creative, innovative and forward thinking approach which is led by our staff. We are committed to having an engaged workforce who understand our strategy and how they can help deliver it.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Thursday 19th September 2019
So if this sounds like the role for you and you would like to learn more about Senior Environmental Health Officer then please click ‘Apply’ today!