Environmental Protection Officer
Our client in South London is seeking a Pollution Officer to join its team on an initial 3 month basis.
Purpose of role:
Discharge the Councils statutory and non-statutory functions under the prevailing legislation, strategies, policies and development plans in matters relating to Environmental Protection and Pollution including, Air, Land, Light & Noise.
To provide technical support in a specialist area of Environmental Health, developing excellent knowledge of the detail and implementation of the Council’s work in the area the post is assigned to.
To be aware of the full ranges of pertinent statutory actions, available to this function, and maintain a broad and detailed knowledge of relevant legislation and associated technical information.
To provide a practical and professional, customer focused response to issues referred to the team for action.
- Planning consultations relating to noise, air quality and contaminated land (essential)
- Noise and Construction impacts
- Air quality monitoring
- To carry out surveys, inspections and investigations, preparing detailed reports, schedules,
- Investigating statutory nuisance, e.g. licensing, & public health
- Working experience of practices and methodologies
- Experience in the use of monitoring equipment
- Working experience in related environmental protection issues e.g. environmental permitting regulations/ noise control
Degree in a relevant subject
Membership or working towards membership of a relevant professional body
Educated to A Level standard/NVQ 3 in a relevant subject (or equivalent demonstrable experience)
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8732 5450.
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.