Fire Safety Officer
My client, is a Local Authority based in East London.
They are looking to recruit a Fire Safety Officer to join there Housing Department to perform the following duties:
· To direct the various fire safety management arrangements to ensure the fire safety of the Council’s housing stock.
· To monitor the timeliness, quality and ensuring actions of an ongoing programme of fire risk assessments
· Responsibility to the Building Services and Compliance Manager for the successful delivery of the fire safety management programme
· Responsibility for the commissioning of programmes of fire risk assessments , tracking and closing all resulting actions
· Responsibility for ensuring fire risk assessments, management and maintenance is carried out in accordance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and other relevant health and safety legislation
· Responsibility for contract performance monitoring to ensure quality standards and timescales are fully met
· To work with service managers to develop and deliver best practice fire safety solutions to meet organisational objectives and compliance with all fire safety legislation
· Represent the Service as necessary, and directed, with customers, other officers and Members of the Council, attending out of hours meetings when required and taking a lead role in all fire safety technical matters.
· Budget management responsibility for any delegated budgets within the area of responsibility.
Experience and Knowledge
· Substantial experience of working in a technical, property services environment.
· Knowledge of key guidance and regulations concerning social landlord responsibilities for fire safety
· Experience in handling complex fire safety issues with high risk implications
· Ability to undertake fire risk assessments and audits.
· Ability to write reports and inform staff, residents and elected members
· Effective presentation skills
Recognised fire safety qualification, CFPA Fire Diploma, NEBOSH or equivalent
Please email Adam Dvorkin firstname.lastname@example.org or call Adam on 020 8732 5450
Apply for Fire Safety Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly