Environmental Health Officer x 2
Environmental Health Officer x 2 Jobs
Salary details: £30,507 - £32,878
At Kirklees we want to be innovative and creative in the way we work to deliver our services to our communities. We know we have challenging times ahead so we are always looking for better and smarter ways to work.
Working within the Environmental Health section, this role is responsible for carrying out the full range of Environmental Health duties as required in the functions of Food Safety and Advice, Health and Safety, Pollution and Noise Control and Animal Health. From time to time specific projects are undertaken, where the Environmental Health Officers may have the opportunity to use their skills in delivering the project outcomes. Public Protection Services also includes the Licensing and Pest Control Departments, post holders will be expected to work flexibly throughout the Council helping to deliver outcomes depending on need. The post holder will carry out the full range of proactive and reactive environmental duties as appropriate, within the teams. Being a generic post the specific duties will vary depending upon the allocated functional team.
This role is in the Commercial, Regulatory and Operational Services, Environmental Health.
This is a proactive department that strives to achieve service excellence through the effective training and development of the team and use of resources. Team members are expected to participate in CPD training and assist in the training of Student Environmental Health Officers and other staff where appropriate within the Service.
The role involves responding to and investigating complaints from a variety of sources, carrying out inspections and visits to business and domestic premises, visiting complainants, undertaking monitoring and investigation of industrial processes, sampling air pollution and water quality, issuing legal notices/ documentation to enforce compliance with relevant legislation and providing advice to businesses and the general public as relevant.
When required, the postholder will also need to conduct interviews in accordance with Police and Criminal Evidence (PACE) code of practice and prepare files for legal proceedings. From time to time, the postholder may also be asked to assist with wider environmental health matters and functions such as Health and Safety, Pollution and Noise Control and Animal Health.
The postholder will maintain accurate records of the work undertaken, using appropriate documentation and IT systems. The post holder will prioritise workloads, and ensure targets and deadlines are met. The post holder will communicate with customers, partners, external agencies and present information at meetings as appropriate.
• Help deliver an Environmental Health function which is delivered in an efficient and responsive manner and which is attuned to diverse customer needs.
• Ensure Council and statutory functions are carried out within your area of functional responsibility.
• Take proportionate and graduated enforcement action as necessary.
• Plan and manage your own workload, ensuring outcomes are completed on a timely basis and to a high standard.
• Prioritise work streams to ensure safety and wellbeing of the public.
• Communicate with colleagues, managers, customers and businesses.
• Provide technical support to Environmental Health Senior Managers, Elected Members, Council Cabinet, Scrutiny and Local Public Service Boards.
• Ensure that you promote and actively support the Council’s responsibilities towards Safeguarding. Please click here to see your responsibilities related to safeguarding.
For more information on the posts please contact Judith Stones or Kevin Moore on 01484 221000.
More searches like this
- Environmental Protection Technical / Scientific jobs in Huddersfield
- Food Safety Technical / Scientific jobs in Huddersfield
- General Environmental Health Technical / Scientific jobs in Huddersfield
- Health and Safety Technical / Scientific jobs in Huddersfield
- Housing Technical / Scientific jobs in Huddersfield