Licensing Enforcement Officer
- Full Time
Our client in North Yorkshire is recruiting for a Licensing Enforcement Officer to join its team.
To undertake licensing and environmental health compliance and enforcement work under current legislation and guidance.
This will involve hackney carriage and private hire, street display and collections, consent streets, scrap metal dealers and collectors, Licensing Act 2003 and Gambling Act 2005 with occasional support to the Environmental Health Team.
The requirements of providing a ‘business friendly’ service to our customers must be balanced whilst being professional and objective in carrying out the regulatory responsibilities.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
To receive and investigate complaints and carry out a range of enforcement duties where necessary, including gathering evidence, interview under caution, and preparing and presenting cases for prosecution at all times complying fully with all relevant guidance, policies and legislation (namely PACE, RIPA, Human Rights Act 1998 and to ensure all duties are carried out in a legal, professional and customer focused manner.
To undertake inspections in relation to all licensable activities to ensure compliance and take appropriate action if required to achieve it.
To competently use and update computer systems as required and maintain accurate and legible written records, applying the principles of disclosure.
To liaise with members, other services, responsible authorities, trade representatives, other agencies and other parties as relevant to the enforcement role.
To prepare and present documents and reports for committee and court hearings as appropriate and to attend court and give evidence in connection with the enforcement duties associated with the post.
To arrange and undertake joint enforcement initiatives with other statutory agencies for licensed premises.
To receive and investigate complaints and carry out a range of enforcement duties where necessary, including gathering evidence, interview under caution, and preparing and presenting cases for prosecution at all times complying fully with all relevant guidance, policies and legislation (namely PACE, RIPA, Human Rights Act 1998 and to ensure all duties are carried out in a legal, professional and customer-focused manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A relevant professional qualification (desirable).
- Comprehensive knowledge of procedures regarding enforcement, including PACE, RIPA, CPIA and the Human Rights Act 1998.
- Good working knowledge of current legislation, government guidance and good practice regarding hackney carriage and private hire, Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005, Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013, street trading, street collections.
- Knowledge of other environmental health related legislation with particular regard to nuisance under the Environmental Protection Act (desirable).
- Experience of gathering, evaluating and weighing evidence and enforcing legislation.
- Confidence and competence at carrying out a tape recorded interview under caution.
- Extensive experience of complaints investigation.
- Experience of dealing sympathetically, positively and fairly with customers or clients and to handle difficult negotiations with firmness and tact.
- Experience of working effectively with other groups and individuals relevant to licensing.
- Experience in the use of windows based packages including word processing and databases.
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8732 5450.
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.
Apply for Licensing Enforcement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly