Environmental Health Officer
4 days left
- Full Time
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH OFFICER
Are you an enthusiastic, self-motivated team player?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Environmental Health Officer to join our Housing & Pollution team on a full time, permanent basis. You will undertake the full range of duties working in a geographical area of the District. We would be keen to consider applications from final year Environmental Health students or those requiring practical experience.
Braintree is an ambitious and dynamic Council and is becoming one of the fastest growing Districts in the East of England with three growing towns, London just 45 minutes away and the district located directly between the international transport centres of Stansted Airport and Harwich and Felixstowe International Ports. We have a deserved track record for delivering and a strong reputation within the business community.
In return for your work as our Environmental Health Officer we offer excellent benefits including;
- Competitive salary of £29,079 - £37,248 per annum
- Local government pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Free Parking
- Learning and development for all staff
- Staff discounts at local businesses
- Staff recognition schemes
- Extensive health and wellbeing programme including discounted gym membership
As our Environmental Health Officer your role will involve undertaking our HMO licensing, inspect properties for HHSRS compliance and carry out appropriate enforcement, respond to complaints of nuisance, filthy and verminous premises, permitted processes and contaminated land and serving notices as necessary.
You will also respond to planning and licensing consultations and play an active role in delivering any public health initiatives that we are involved in.
What we’re looking for in our Environmental Health Officer;
- Degree in Environmental Health or equivalent, or actively working towards qualification.
- EHORB Registration, or working towards.
- Knowledge & training in evidence gathering and enforcement work – awareness of RIPA & PACE requirements.
- Experience of working in Environmental Health.
- Experience of securing regulatory compliance.
- Knowledge of the legislation that governs the work of the team.
- Full driving licence.
Braintree District Council is a great place to work. We pride ourselves on our creative, innovative and forward thinking approach which is led by our staff. We are committed to having an engaged workforce who understand our strategy and how they can help deliver it.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 22nd July 2019
Interview dates will be arranged with individual candidates
So if this sounds like the role for you and you would like to learn more about Environmental Health Officer then please click ‘Apply’ today!