Our client in Essex is looking for a Licensing Officer to join its team. which is responsible for administering and enforcing a variety of licensing, registration and permit regimes, including those related to hackney carriage and private hire vehicles; alcohol, entertainments and late night refreshments; gambling premises and lotteries; charity collections; animal establishments, scrap metal and street trading. The post-holder reports to the Senior Licensing Officer.
Main duties include:
1. To administer applications for the grant, renewal, transfer and variation of a variety of licenses, registrations and permits.
2. To liaise with various external and internal departments and agencies including police, fire service, Disclosure and Barring Service, etc. and to maintain public registers of licenses issued.
3. To carry out associated licensing enforcement responsibilities including responding to complaints, carrying out routine inspections, interviewing witnesses and licensees and others. These duties may include formal interviews of individuals subject to potential criminal prosecution under caution; preparing committee reports, files of evidence and statements; giving evidence at the licensing committee and magistrates and other appropriate courts acting as a witness or investigating officer.
4. To have direct customer contact by contacting licensees (and their representatives, including licensing solicitors) if there are problems with their licence by telephone or requesting a face to face meeting to discuss problems with the licence application and negotiate solutions and if necessary to refuse the licence application and remit to applicant.
5. To assist in providing a comprehensive licensing service, including contributing to the formation, review and update of license conditions and policies.
6. To assist in the management of the financial aspects of administering licensing functions, including ensuring the correct fees are levied and expenditure is accounted for.
7. To assist in the development and implementation of enforcement strategies and programmes for the team’s licensing functions to optimise service delivery and encourage compliance with licensing standards.
8. To conduct interviews and investigations in order to support the licensing regimes and to undertake enforcement where breaches are identified.
To register your interest or for further information about this role call us on 02087325450 or email email@example.com