Environmental Health Officer / Technical Officer (Private Sector Housing)
Our client in Yorkshire is currently recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer / Technical Officer (Private Sector Housing) to investigate complaints and undertake the inspection of private sector dwellings and take action to ensure the health and safety of the occupants and that their homes are well managed.
Professional & Technical Accountabilities
- Investigate complaints of poor housing conditions and undertake inspections of private sector housing to assess potential hazards under the Housing, Health and Safety Rating System.
- To undertake the inspection of HMOs in relation to the Council’s licensing function, management regulations and to assess conditions in relation to the HHSRS.
- Prepare letters, notices and schedules of work necessary to bring properties up to current statutory and Council standards and take appropriate enforcement action to secure necessary improvements.
- Carry out the inspection of mobile home parks and other caravan sites to ensure compliance with appropriate site licence conditions and associated legislation.
- To provide property owners, members of the public and businesses with general advice about the statutory requirements and guidance with regard to housing standards and management
- Degree in Environmental Health, Housing or a Building related subject.
- Qualified HHSRS practitioner
- At least 2 years post qualification experience of working within a local government Environmental Health Team or similar.
- Experience of undertaking property inspections and investigation of complaints of housing conditions and taking subsequent enforcement action.
- Sound knowledge and experience of the regulatory framework, guidance and good practice in relation to the Housing Acts, Housing, Health and Safety Rating System, HMO legislation and associated enforcement legislation
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org