We have an exciting opportunity here at NSF to join our retail team as a Safety Advisor, where you will undertake food safety, health & safety, and fire safety audits, in addition to coaching & training for NSF clients. This is a great opportunity for newly qualified Environmental Health Professionals, or those with a minimum Level 4 Food Safety & Level 4 Health & Safety qualification looking to break into the audit service delivery environment.
Currently we are looking for safety advisors to work in Preston, Essex, and East London areas.
You will have the opportunity to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Deliver food and health & safety training courses as required
- Deliver training/coaching/advisory sessions at the client’s team meetings
- To clearly communicate to the client, to ensure their ongoing enthusiasm and commitment to the audit program
- Establish and maintain effective communication with administration and client management teams to ensure the smooth running of the audit programs
- Undertake one off project work for clients or NSF where required
- To undertake productivity targets as specified by the Team Manager
- To assist the Team Manager with the training of new members of the team
- To assist the Team Manager in the undertaking of duties as required in the UK/Europe Retail Integrity Programme
- Where necessary assist Account Managers with: the promotion and continuation of a contract; preparation of statistical reports; technical support activities and undertake account management duties where required
- Where necessary assist Team Managers with: provision of interim management cover when the need arises due to absence
- To provide technical back-up cover for the Advisory Services, to include out of hours telephone cover
- Effectively organise your own diary to ensure all specific client deadlines are met, accommodating last minute requests as necessary
- To undertake work in the evening, weekend and unsociable hours as required
We are looking for an individual with the following experience, abilities, and qualifications:
- Environmental Health Practitioner or EHORB registered with Level 4 Health & Safety
- Previous auditing / inspection experience
- Confident, self-motivated individual with excellent social/communication skills
- Strong personal organizational skills - able to prioritise and plan workload including the ability to respond to short-term business demands and priority changes
- PC literate with basic working knowledge of e.g. Word, Excel & PowerPoint
The Benefits Package
- £Competitive Salary
- Company car or cash alternative
- Performance based bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Bupa Cashplan
- Pension scheme
At NSF International, our mission is to protect and improve human health. We're a global leader in standards development, testing, auditing, certification and training. We provide these services for a diverse set of industries including food, water, health sciences, sustainability and management systems.
We’re passionate about the work we do, because together, we have a broad impact on our world.
This is a great time to be joining our team here at NSF and we look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. No agency interest please.