Neighbourhood Enforcement Officer
Our client in Buckinghamshire is recruiting for a Neighbourhood Enforcement Officer to start asap to enhance the environmental appearance of the Borough and to help to make it a friendlier and more welcoming environment to live in, work in and visit through a process of neighbourhood housing and enviro-crime enforcement and to carry out a range of enforcement duties in respect of environmental crime issues and as an accredited person under the Anti-Social Behaviour Act.
To undertake a range of enforcement actions relating to enviro-crime issues delegated by the Authority. This includes but is not limited to:
- Dog Fouling
- Fly Tipping
- Graffiti and Fly Posting
- Regulation of Waste
- Abandoned Vehicles
Skills / Experience
- Experience in a regulatory and/or enforcement environment
- Good verbal, numeracy, literacy and written communication skills.
- Good observation skills
- Able to maintain detailed, accurate and reliable records.
- Experience of admin procedures i.e. managing case files, taking and keeping contemporaneous notes, diary management.
- Experience in using computer databases and other software applications
- Experience of uniformed service or other patrolling
- Experience of Enforcement Work i.e. issuing fixed penalty notices etc
- Knowledge of taking/making/giving witness statements
- Knowledge of operating practices in similar fields i.e. interviewing persons, serving notices/papers, requesting disclosures etc.
- Knowledge of criminal/enforcement procedures
- Knowledge of safe working practices and detailed knowledge of health and safety regulations and application thereof
- At least 1 years’ experience in dealing with environmental health and ASB issues
- Motivation to make a positive difference in people’s lives
- Open approach and flexible attitude
- Able to patrol on foot and in vehicles
- Ability to manage confrontational situations
- Ability to mediate in disputes
- Ability to work unsupervised under own initiative
- Ability to build good working relationships with local communities and partners
- Ability to remain calm and diplomatic in challenging situations.
- Previous Dog Handling Experience
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8732 5450
Apply for Neighbourhood Enforcement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly