Senior Neighborhood Patrol Officer
Our client in West London is looking for a Senior Neighborhood Patrol Officer to join its team initially until the end of September.
· To undertake a wide range of front line enforcement patrol duties in relation to Community Protection, Anti-Social Behaviour, Licensing (Premises, Alcohol and Highways), Environmental Crime including Noise Abatement, Environmental Enforcement (Illegal Rubbish Dumping, Graffiti, Flyposting, Pollution, Littering, etc.) as well as other wider enforcement duties as required - including enforcement of any Dog Control Orders or Public Space Protection Orders in effect.
· To lead and supervise a team of 5 Neighbourhood Patrol Officers to provide a highly visible uniformed presence across the borough and also be deployed in a targeted manner in order to understand and address localised problems in identified problem areas or ‘hotspots’.
· To drive down the amount of litter and dumped waste on streets and private land by carrying out waste enforcement activities using the relevant provisions of all appropriate and available legislation.
· To be fully responsible for all aspects of supervision of a team of 5 Neighbourhood Patrol Officers. This includes:
Acting as line manager for the team for all matters related to leave, attendance, sickness, discipline etc
Management of team and individual performance – including team and officer outputs, officer capability as well as officer objective setting and appraisals,
Team rota management including shift scheduling, time keeping and/or providing or arranging cover for absences, and
Management of team equipment making sue officers are properly equipped at all times and all electronic equipment is used as required and kept in good order.
· To carry out regular uniformed patrols, on foot, bicycle or in motor vehicles as required.
· To patrol the borough in accordance with any enforcement rota or schedule and/or any specific directives in effect at that time, serving fixed penalty notices relating to a variety of low level offences including littering, dog fouling, graffiti, abandoned cars, nuisance parking, etc.
· To act as a professional witness and appear in court and at inquiries as may be required.
· To maintain records in an effective and professional manner so as to comply with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act, adequately supporting successful legal proceedings; allowing completion of statistical returns, etc.
· To maintain a notebook of patrol routes, daily conditions and additional circumstances in relation to FPN issues not otherwise recorded on the electronic equipment.
Knowledge and qualifications
· Knowledge of relevant legislative controls and enforcement tools and their legal basis; together with their proper practical implementation
· Knowledge and understanding of regulatory processes, including court procedures
· Knowledge of relevant legislation- including an understanding of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984, and how to apply legislation in line with the Enforcement Concordat.
· Experience in an enforcement role
· Experience of detection and reporting of offences
· Experience of court procedures - including attending court as a witness and giving evidence
N.B Candidate must hold an SIA Door Supervision badge
To register your interest or for any further information, please give us a call on 02087325450 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CV's. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance
Apply for Senior Neighborhood Patrol Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly