Director of Operational Services
Director of Operational Services (001161)
Salary: £70,367 - £75,775 per annum
Great Yarmouth Borough Council is an ambitious local authority with big plans for the future and massive opportunities ahead.
With one of the most successful enterprise zones in the country, Great Yarmouth is England's offshore energy hub and Norfolk's biggest seaside resort at the edge of the Broads National Park.
We are looking for an experienced senior leader to help us shape the way we work and transform how we do business.
We have been operating a joint venture with the Norse Group for a number of years, have high expectations for the future of our approach to waste management and a clean street environment. As an area which receives thousands of visitors every year we aim to set high standards for our town centres to be clean and inviting.
You will be responsible for the delivery of high quality frontline operational services for waste collection, street cleansing and grounds maintenance across your teams for the borough's residents and visitors. You will also be a member of the council's management team.
Being an effective leader is equally important for us. We are looking for a leader who can develop the GYBS workforce, set high standards and driving cultural change.
We can offer you a challenging and exciting role. If you are as ambitious as we are, you enjoy a challenge and you are looking to further your career in a dynamic environment, apply now and become part of the exciting new team driving Great Yarmouth forward.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Neil Shaw, Strategic Director (tel: 01493 846450, email: email@example.com).
Download a full role specification for this position
Working for Great Yarmouth Borough Council
- Political Structure
- Corporate Plan [6Mb](Opens in a new window)
- Senior Management Structure [17kb](Opens in a new window)
- GYBS Business Plan [364kb](Opens in a new window):
- Borough Profile [6Mb](Opens in a new window)
- Financial Strategy [553kb](Opens in a new window)
How to apply
You can apply online at gybc.engageats.co.uk(Opens in a new window). Please note that CVs are not accepted.
As part of your application please include the following information:
- Why you are attracted to the role
- How you meet the requirements of the role using the job description/person specification
- Salary range for each post
- Reason for leaving each post
Closing date for the above post: close of business on 17 June 2019.
Initial interviews will take place on Thursday 27 June 2019 and candidates who are successful at this stage will be invited back for a panel interview on Friday 28 June 2019.
We offer a friendly working environment with attractive terms and conditions, including generous holiday entitlement, flexible working, relocation package and membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
The council operates an equal opportunities policy and we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
More searches like this
- Environmental Protection Senior / Principal jobs in Great Yarmouth
- Food Safety Senior / Principal jobs in Great Yarmouth
- General Environmental Health Senior / Principal jobs in Great Yarmouth
- Health and Safety Senior / Principal jobs in Great Yarmouth
- Housing Senior / Principal jobs in Great Yarmouth