Trading Standards Officer
My client is a local authority in South London looking to recruit a Trading Standards Officer to perform all the statutory duties including the Weights & Measures Act. The officer should have the necessary skills and experience of conducting inspections of trade premises and investigating criminal breaches of consumer protection laws.
This is a five month post, paid on an hourly rate, inside IR35.
· To carry out inspection duties under the full range of legislation enforced by the
Trading Standards Team, deal with any follow up work and represent the Authority at
Court as required. This will require lone working and dealing with clients on
contentious issues on site.
· To deal with complaints relating to work areas covered by the Team, investigate
breaches of Trading Standards legislation, identify and recommend appropriate
courses of action.
· To provide the PTSO with reports, information, advice or guidance as required.
· To participate in regional liaison groups as required.
· To assist the PTSO in the development of project plans, policies and protocols etc.
· To represent the TS service at meetings with other Local Authorities or outside
bodies as directed.
· Work with contract or agency staff on programmed activities.
· To produce accurate statistics and data on work undertaken.
· To deal with complex/serious complaints and breaches of Trading Standards
legislation relating to work areas
A degree level qualification in a relevant discipline and evidence of continuing professional development, or experience (one year) and evidence of professional development where no degree is held
If you feel you have the necessary skills, qualifications and experience for this role,
please call Adam Dvorkin on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Trading Standards Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly