Private Sector Housing Manager
Our client in Buckinghamshire is recruiting for Private Sector Housing Manager to start immediately.
Purpose of job
- To manage the Council’s private sector housing service on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that the service is relevant, cost effective and customer focused.
- To innovate and develop new approaches to service delivery in line with changes to central government policy and emerging local housing needs, ensuring that the Council is at the forefront of best practice.
- To provide effective and supportive supervision to members of the Private Sector Housing team.
- To exercise effective control over budgets, quality and performance in the Private Sector Housing service.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of cross-cutting initiatives, in line with the Council’s “One Team” philosophy.
- To manage the Council’s Private Sector Housing function on a day-to-day basis, ensuring high standards of customer service and cost-effective utilisation of resources.
- To provide technical and specialist advice on private sector housing matters, including; substandard housing conditions, houses in multiple occupation, loans and grants, including Disabled Facilities Grants.
- To investigate complaints about private sector housing issues, ensuring that appropriate follow up action is taken.
- To carry out house condition surveys and inspections, and prepare schedules of work.
- To take informal and formal action to remedy instances of disrepair in both private rented and owner occupied housing.
- To supervise works-in-default where necessary.
- To manage the licensing of houses in multiple occupation (HMOs).
- To maintain an up to date register of all unlicensed houses in multiple occupation and manage a rolling programme of inspection to ensure that the Council’s standards for HMOs are met.
- To take action in respect of empty homes to reduce the number of long term empty homes in the Borough.
- To manage the grants and loans programmes, including liaison with customers, their agents and contractors processing applications, preparing and costing schedules of work, checking works in progress and arranging payments, ensuring that works are carried out on time and expenditure remains within budget.
- To develop and update policies and procedures for the Private Sector Housing function.
- To ensure that policies and procedures are implemented so that decisions affecting customers are legal, fair and consistent.
- To develop and maintain strong operational links with other departments in the Council, working collaboratively to achieve shared objectives.
- To develop and maintain strong operational links
- Minimum 3 years experience in Housing working either with a local authority or Registered Social Landlord
- Minimum 1 year's staff management experience
- Hold a relevant degree or professional qualification (HHSRS).
- Good knowledge of legislation, policy, procedures and practices in relation to private sector housing
- Good knowledge of the theory and practice of building construction
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Able to analyse technical and financial information and make sound judgements
- Able to produce clear, concise and persuasive written reports on complex issues.
- Well developed and wide- ranging negotiating and problem solving skills.
- Able to manage and prioritise own workload, and work as part of a team
- Able to produce work of a high standard within tight deadlines
- Excellent IT and keyboard skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Office.
If you believe you have the right qualifications for this role, please email Ricky@Buckinghamfutures.com, or call 020 8732 5450.