Client and Contract Monitoring Officer (Waste)
My client, a local authority in North London is looking to recruit a Client and Contract Monitoring Officer (Waste)in their Waste Monitoring team.
This is a three month contract on an hourly rate.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To inspect streets, roads and housing estates in line with NI 195 or similar performance requirements.
- To challenge requests, estimates and invoices received from external contractors for additional work outside of the formal contact arrangements.
- Undertake detailed data analysis and use intelligence gathered for targeted and proactive action to effectively manage waste contracts.
- Ensure that regular liaison with contracting staff delivering a problem solving approach that secures a consistently high standard of performance in line with the contract.
- Develop action plans to address problematic hot spot areas and monitor the delivery and effectiveness.
- Work closely with colleagues within the Community Safety and Enforcement arm of the service, providing evidence and attending court as and when necessary
- To ensure prompt and clear responses to all forms of communications including complaints, e-mails, telephone calls and letters, from members of the public, Councillors, MPs, and other organisations.
- To be proactive in dealing with incidents, occurrences, hazards, defects etc which may compromise the health and safety or interfere with users of the public highway.
- To be responsible for providing performance management reports and information, on a regular basis, relating to waste management services for use at both Council and Contract monitoring meetings.
- To adhere to all council procedures including the council’s constitution and decision making; financial procedures; standing orders; procurement; health and safety; public consultation; performance management; complaints, communication and consultation.
The post holder will be responsible for monitoring the performance of the waste service. This will include both desktop analysis of data and inspections of the street scene across the borough.
Please contact Adam Dvorkin on 020 8732 5454 or email Adam – email@example.com