Senior Environmental Health Officers
Economy Skills and Neighbourhoods
Senior Environmental Health Officer -Health and Safety(full time) Senior Environmental Health Officer- Food Safety (part time)
Ref: (inserted by Central Recruitment)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £29,909-£34,106 (depending on experience)
Please see additional Terms and Conditions here.
Hours: per week 36 hours 40 minutes for full time and 22 hours part time
Based: Chadderton Town Hall, Middleton Road, Chadderton, Oldham OL9 6PP
Closing date: 7th June 2019
Shortlisting & Interview Dates: TBC
We are looking for two Environmental Health Officers to join our Environmental Health Team. We are looking for a full time Health and Safety EHO to react to Health and Safety complaints and accidents in Council Enforced premises. As well as regulatory work, you will also carry out some Health and Safety work for the Councils Services including training and auditing and instruction across the organisation to ensure high quality health and safety standards are achieved.
The second position is a part time role as a Food Safety EHO, carrying out routine food hygiene and food standards inspections, responding to service requests, food poisoning outbreaks and infectious disease investigations.
- To support the local authority in the management of health and safety risks, applying legislative and practical health and safety standards in a large multi-disciplined organisation.
- To write, review and update policies, procedures and guidance relating to health and safety.
- To audit, inspect, monitor and report on health and safety standards within council services/departments including schools in line with legal requirements and Council Policies and Procedures.
- To deliver health and safety training across the organisation
Key responsibilities- EHO Food Safety
- To carry out programmed Food hygiene Inspections
- Deliver Food Hygiene training
- Carry out food poisoning/infectious disease investigations
BSc (hons) Environmental Health
2 years experience in Food Safety plus relevant CPD (EHO Food Safety)
Oldham is committed to developing a Co-operative future; one where citizens, partners and staff work together to improve the borough. Anyone joining the council is coming into an ambitious organisation with big plans. We are working hard to build a brighter future for our borough and we need people from a wide range of backgrounds to continue delivering the best for our communities.
The Council has a clear set of Values and Behaviours, our Values outline how we do business and we share these borough wide with our residents, partners and businesses. Internally we have translated these values into five cooperative behaviours which outline the priority areas of focus for all staff at all levels. You can view the Values and Behaviours on our Greater. Jobs pages (link to the greater.jobs blog with the V&Bs)
To find out more about who we are, what we do and why you should join us please visit our dedicated careers pages where you will also find useful guidance on how best to complete the application form: http://www.oldham.gov.uk/info/200270/working_at_the_council
For details of how we use your data please see out privacy notice: https://www.oldham.gov.uk/downloads/file/4967/employment_privacy_notice_-_oldham_council_10