Noise Nuisance Officer
Our client in Central London is looking for a Noise Nuisance Officer to deal with a range of noise complaints to start asap until September 2019 initially.
- To undertake acoustic assessments and noise surveys with reference to relevant British and Industry Standards. Authoring expert acoustic reports for the purpose of providing evidence in support of criminal and civil proceedings. To act as a profession and expert witness in the field of acoustics and noise nuisance To review and critically assess third party acoustic reports and assessments
- Work within and contribute to the Noise and Nuisance/Response team’s advisory and front-line enforcement duties aligned with the Council’s strategic plans, vision, objectives and service delivery standards. Prepare relevant legal documentation for presentation at the relevant Court (e.g civil, criminal) or tribunal or hearing, including the licensing sub-committees. Undertake and self-manage within delegated parameters and authority lead responsibility for specific areas of service delivery in noise nuisance and acoustics.
Essential knowledge and skills
- Ability and application to acquire the practical and theoretical knowledge and skills sufficient to effectively carry out duties commensurate with the post. The ability to undertake work programmes and meet targets. Ability to work in partnership with others and achieve shared outcomes.. Ability to undertake in situ risk assessments on personal safety. Ability to manage casework. Good interpersonal skills relevant to duties. Good negotiating and influencing skills Creative and practical approach to problem solving Practical and theoretical knowledge and skills sufficient to effectively carry out the duties within the NoiseandNuisance/Response Team within Regulatory Services. Ability to prepare and quality check letters, reports and service related legal documents.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE “O” level qualifications or equivalent ( to include Maths and
English), and a minimum of 2 “ A” level qualifications or equivalent.
- Post graduate diploma in acoustics of equivalent qualification·Significant experience of working in a customer focused service Significant experience in criminal and civil enforcement Significant experience in authoring witness statements, legal files and expert acoustic reports. Significant experience in undertaking and managing complex and technical investigations and problem solving Experience in undertaking technical appraisals of acoustic reports and assessments Experience undertaking environmental noise surveys and assessments Experience presenting complex acoustic evidence in court and public hearings acting as an expert witness.
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8732 5450.