- Duration- Three months
My client, a local authority in North London is looking to recruit a Park Ranger in their Environment and Neighbourhoods team.
This is a three month contract on an hourly rate.
The post holder’s role is to assist the Park Manager in the day to day operational management of the parks and open spaces within their designated area and their long term development and improvement. To support them in ensuring that the parks contribute to achieving wider strategic aims including addressing health inequalities and contributing to wellbeing agenda, building stronger communities, tackling anti-social behaviour supporting children’s development and achievement.
The post will contribute to the delivery of a broad range and dynamic programme of events in parks in their area and to facilitate events and work in collaboration with the Parks event team and colleagues from other parts of the Council and partner organisations.
- Experience and excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with Lead Members, Ward Councillors, communities, volunteers, stakeholders and engage with a broad range of people within the service area.
- A working knowledge of the issues facing urban parks and open spaces and their role in delivering wider social objectives e.g. social cohesion, healthy communities.
- The ability to plan, organise and run a diverse range of events, with a good working knowledge of the barriers to involvement by under-represented groups and the ability to implement strategies to overcome them
- A working knowledge of the Green Flag process and the ability to develop and oversee implementation of management plans and also deliver a customer focused approach to service delivery
- A working knowledge of the sustainability issues regarding parks
- The ability to collect and report key performance information produce written reports and correspondence via letter and e-mail
- The ability to work unsupervised, under own initiative and to have a flexible approach to working in order to attend evening meetings and weekend events
- Appropriate Driving License.
- City & Guilds -NVQ Horticulture/Conservation/Education or equivalent.
- Relevant NPTC Certificates.
- Pesticide qualification. (PA1 & PA6)
Please contact Adam Dvorkin on 020 8732 5454 or email Adam – email@example.com