Housing Standards Officer
Our client in the North London is recruiting for a Housing Standards Officer to start in asap.
- Assist in implementation of Housing Standards, advice to private sector tenants, landlords, & owner-occupiers about housing disrepair & energy issues.
- Receive & process applications for housing grants and loans from private tenants, landlords & owners-occupiers.
- Monitoring of private sector housing conditions, including assisting with enforcement action. Registration & monitoring of Houses in Multiple Occupation in accordance with legislation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspections of private sector properties, responding to tenant complaints, drawing up schedules of condition & disrepair.
- Assessing properties in accordance with Housing Health and Safety Rating System/Decent Homes Standard.
- Preparation of enforcement notices.
- Identifying empty properties and working with team to bring these back into use.
- Develop processes/procedures, including flow charts, for how to deal with empty properties.
- Act as technical lead for contractors carrying out housing repair functions, including pricing schedules of work & checking others’ pricing.
- Assist with monitoring and delivery of such contracts.
- Identify HMOs, register HMOs and prepare licences where required, inspecting and advising tenants, landlords and others.
- Advise customers on private sector renewal issues, including home energy efficiency and liaise with colleagues and outside agencies to ensure the customer receives a full range of advice on services available.
- Process grants and loans in a timely fashion & in accordance with financial regulations.
- Production of information to managers to support and inform production and implementation of Empty Homes, Home Energy Conservation and other Housing Renewal Strategies.
Education and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health recognised by the Chartered Institute or
- Environmental Health (or equivalent).
- A recognised two-day HHSRS assessors training course.
- Recent suitable and practical experience of enforcement in private sector housing.
- Recent experience of surveying large Houses in multiple occupation and drafting schedules of work.
- Recent experience of investigating complaints and dealing with enquiries in relation to the Housing Act 2004.
- Recent experience of undertaking enforcement action under the HHSRS of the Housing Act 2004.
- Recent experience of processing and assessing the suitability of HMO licence applications.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Apply for Housing Standards Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly