Environmental Health Officer
Buckingham Futures are recruiting for a pivotal position on behalf of Central Government for an Environmental Health Officer to work on a project to ensure that private residential high-rise buildings with unsafe ACM cladding are made safe by working with Fire Engineers, Building Control staff and colleagues in ‘host’ boroughs, and will assist and advise using Housing Act 2004 to assess the hazard risk of unsafe cladding in high-rise residential buildings and take enforcement action against building owners who are slow to remediate.
Knowledge and Experience
- BSc/Msc or diploma in Environmental Health
- Substantial experience of using HHSRS, taking enforcement action, conducting interviews under caution, preparing warrants, and giving evidence in Court.
- Detailed knowledge of current and proposed legislation, relevant to residential Environmental Health.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines, and a concern for order and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to accurately summarise and convey complex information.
- The ability to exercise discretion, judgement and confidentiality.
- A demonstrable commitment to customer care.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to support others.
- Flexible approach to work, with a keenness to adapt to meet changing work requirements.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal with stakeholders, and colleagues with courtesy, tact and sensitivity.
- Ability to create and sustain effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Commitment to personal and professional development.
- Advanced computer skills, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint andExcel and the ability to produce high quality documents.
- An understanding of the Equalities Act 2010 and an ability to deliver services and ensure personal conduct in accordance with the principles of equality and equal opportunities
- For this role you may be required to visit and stay overnight in the normal course of the working week.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com