Animal Welfare Officer
On behalf of our client in Hampshire we are on the search for an Experienced Animal Welfare Officer who would have at least 2 year experience working with animals preferably dogs. On behalf of the council your duties would be handling animals, in particular stray dogs, visiting residential premises and other sites.
- To enforce legislation relating to dogs and their control, including the investigation of general complaints relating to dogs.
- To manage stray dogs including their: collection, assessment for veterinary treatment and transport to kennels. This includes maintaining a register, records and recovering fees from owners claiming their dogs.
- To undertake licensing inspections of Animal Boarding Establishments.
- To plan and organise own workload within the general priorities set out for the Service.
- To offer assistance and guidance to less experienced officers as necessary.
- To make arrangements to re-home stray dogs that are not claimed.
- Work with various internal and external organisations.
- To inspect premises for compliance with Animal Welfare licensing conditions in accordance with internal procedures, programmes of work and guidance
- Recognised Animal Welfare qualification
- Experience of occupational dog handling
- Experience of animal welfare enforcement and or provision.
- Ability to move around freely in awkward or constricted circumstances
- Current clean UK car driving licence
If you believe you are well suited to the role or know someone who is, forward an updated CV through to Info@buckinghamfutures.com or call into 02087325450.