Air Quality Officer
Buckingham Futures are recruiting for an knowledgeable Air Quality Officer who can fit into our clients Environmental Services Team in West London to provide a first class service to businesses, residents and visitors to the Borough on an interim or permanent basis.
Main duties and responsibilities
• implementation of the Local Air Quality Management regime which includes:
• submission of updating and screening assessments, detailed assessments, progress
reports and air quality action plans according to Defra guidance and deadlines
• co-ordinate steering groups and workshops for air quality action plans and carrying out public consultations
• implement and co-ordinate air quality monitoring including the replacement of diffusion tubes on a monthly basis and the calibration of the continuous analysers
• prepare and submit bids for Defra air quality grant funding (when applicable).
• procure the services of air quality consultants as and when required
• manage and lead on the implementation and delivery of actions detailed within current and/or future air quality action plans.
• manage and review the service contracts for the air quality equipment and data management.
Liaise with contractors to ensure that the air quality equipment is maintained and operating correctly. Ensure that the data management contractors are providing a good service.
• carry out public promotion and education campaigns on air quality issues. Actively look for opportunities to promote air quality within the council and other external organisations
• keep up to date with current legislation, regulations, guidance, technical and scientific developments.
Degree in Environmental Sciences or equivalent qualification and be able to demonstrate a wide and extensive knowledge in air quality and environmental protection work.
Experience, skills and knowledge
l Experience of working on local air quality management requiring in depth knowledge of the relevant legislation
l Experience of investigating nuisance complaints and other Environmental Protection Team work
l Experience of liaising with other organisations from a regulatory viewpoint
l Experience of report writing
l Ability to progress projects in a timely manner
l Experience of using air quality monitoring Equipment
Salary / Rate - highly competitive
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org