Team Leader (Private Sector Housing Team)
Our client in East London is recruiting for a Team Leader within the Private Sector Housing Team to join the team.
You will be assisting the Private Sector Housing Manager in ensuring legally required standards of private sector housing are maintained throughout the Borough.
- To supervise, as directed by the Private Sector Housing Manager, the work of the Private Sector Housing Technicians, Senior Licensing Support Officer/Private Sector Housing Support officer, ensuring that matters such as communication, expectation, training and development, welfare, supervision and discipline receive full and proper attention. Where necessary take decisions in respect of non-complex cases and investigations referred by Private Sector Housing Technicians, bringing complex and complicated cases to the attention of the Private Sector Housing Manager.
- To contribute to the efficient and effective performance of Private Sector Housing functions and to the achievement of statutory and local targets.
- To carry out all such work in accordance with statutory requirements and Council Policies and procedures. To assist the Private Sector Housing Manager to implement a strategic approach to the maintenance and improvement of standards of private sector housing within the Borough.
- To assist the Private Sector Housing Manager in identifying relevant interventions, making decisions and exercising critical, timely, risk based and competent professional judgement on individual cases, protracted investigations and projects.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Housing working either with a local authority or Registered Social Landlord Minimum 1 year's staff management experience
- Hold a relevant degree or professional qualification (HHSRS)
- Good knowledge of legislation, policy, procedures and practices in relation to private sector housing Good knowledge of the theory and practice of building construction Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Able to analyse technical and financial information and make sound judgements
- Able to produce clear, concise and persuasive written reports on complex issues.
- Well developed and wide- ranging negotiating and problem solving skills.
- Able to manage and prioritise own workload, and work as part of a team Able to produce work of a high standard within tight deadlines Excellent IT and keyboard skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Office.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org