Environmental Health Manager
Environmental Health Manager
- Salary/Grade: £41,846 to £44,697 – Grade 15
- Hours/Days: 37 hours per week
- Fixed Term/Perm/Temp/Casual: Permanent
- Location, NEDDC, District Council Offices, Mill Lane, Wingerworth, S42 6NG
- Closing Date: 27th March 2019
- Interview Date: TBC
Job Details and Requirements
We are seeking a passionate, enthusiastic and hardworking individual to lead our dedicated Environmental Health Team.
Working across two Councils you will have the opportunity to play a major role in shaping the health of our Districts and positively transforming our services.
This is a challenging but very rewarding role where you can make a real difference to our communities. You will be highly organised, possess excellent communication skills and be able to meet tight deadlines. Using your own initiative to effectively resolve complex cases is essential together with the ability to adapt in a continually evolving environment. In return, you will receive an opportunity to grow and develop your own skills and experience.
You will work in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders and use your considerable knowledge working in Environmental Health at a senior level to deliver a high performing service. Both Councils have a strong reputation for improving and supporting the lives of our residents and we are keen to ensure this legacy continues.
The post holder will be one of two Environmental Health Managers leading an established and successful joint service which deals with the full range of environmental health duties. This role involves the managing the Commercial, Environmental Protection, Environmental Enforcement and Licensing teams (taxi and premises etc.) However the post holder will be responsible for managing the whole service on a regular basis. The service prides itself in its holistic, innovative and added value approach to both businesses and the public. There is ongoing commitment within the service to transforming and developing best practice and a flexible and resilient approach to service delivery.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that include:
- Generous holidays (from 29 days a year, up to 34 days after 5 years’ service) plus bank holidays).
- Local government pension scheme
- Subsidised leisure membership
- Flexible working
- Learning and development programme
- Employee wellbeing programme and assistance programme.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Karen Hanson, Joint Strategic Director on (01246) 217053 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in this post, please visit the Jobs pages on the NEDDC website http://www.ne-derbyshire.gov.uk/index.php/your-council/jobs
To apply using our online application form, please visit the Derbyshire Jobs website or by clicking on the following link: https://jobs.derbyshire.gov.uk/
Please note that CV’s will not be accepted.
Alternatively, if you do not have internet access, application packs are available from:
- Telephone NEDDC Contact Centre on 01246 217640.
- Email email@example.com
Please return completed application forms to HR & OD Shared Service, District Council Offices, 2013 Mill Lane, Wingerworth, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S42 6NG or to firstname.lastname@example.org by the advertised closing date.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
More searches like this
- Environmental Protection Technical / Scientific jobs in Derbyshire
- Food Safety Technical / Scientific jobs in Derbyshire
- General Environmental Health Technical / Scientific jobs in Derbyshire
- Health and Safety Technical / Scientific jobs in Derbyshire
- Housing Technical / Scientific jobs in Derbyshire