Reg Unit Practitioner
Job Title: Reg Unit Practitioner
Job ref. 335004241
Full time (37)
Salary: £34106 - £38052
Location: Milton Keynes
Closing Date: 03/04/2019
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
We are looking for a motivated Environmental Health Practitioner to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team. You will cover the broad range of environmental health topics. As part of this you will be required to assist in the delivery of our food safety official controls programme and have the ability to investigate a range of food safety and health and safety matters.
You will possess strong communication, organisational and time management skills, be able to prioritise workloads and be able to work on your own and as part of a team.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- EHORB registered or equivalent
- Food Competent as defined by the FSA Code of Practice
- Recent experience in Health and Safety investigations
- Experience of taking enforcement action
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- An annual leave allowance of 27 days, plus statutory holidays, with the option to buy more.
- A generous local government pension scheme.
- In-house management development programmes, endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
- Flexible working options.
- Family-friendly policies, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Fair pay.
- MK Advantage benefits package, providing access to a range of competitive retail, travel and leisure discounts.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 3rd of April 2019.
For further details and to apply, please visit the Milton Keynes Council Careers website http://bit.do/milton-keynes-reg-unit-practitioner