Buckingham Futures are looking for a Licensing Officer based in North London on our clients Licensing Team on a temp to perm basis.
The role involves effectively promoting, and where appropriate enforcing, regulatory compliance across licensing functions, including Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005, scrap metal, skin piercing, animal welfare etc..
- Conducting re-active and pro-active interventions (interventions referring to the provision of advice, inspections, investigations, audits, surveillance, etc. of proposed development or applications for licenses/permitted processes)
- Undertaking initiatives to bring about regulatory compliance without the need for enforcement such as by participating in business to consumer education programmes
- Carrying out initiatives to promote the Council and the service
- Supporting staff training and peer reviews
- Acting or speaking on behalf of the service on project teams, specialist sub-groups and multi-agency task teams
- Supervising contractors who are engaged by the service
- Collaborating with other agencies and organisations to develop and improve joint projects and ways of working
- Educated to at least degree level in a related discipline or equivalent in experience
- Holds membership of Chartered Institute of Environmental Health or an appropriate institution
- Has sufficient technical and legal knowledge across licensing functions
- Highly capable of managing own workload to meet organisational requirements
Expected salary up to £35k.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org