Allowances: Shift allowance
40 hours per week, Full time, permanent
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance. To find out more please visit: http://hounslowciviccentre.org.uk/
About The Team
Multi-disciplinary and solution focused engagement and enforcement team who tackle a range of issues including noise, waste and fly-tipping, statutory nuisance, anti-social behaviour and abandoned vehicles, and take the necessary legal and enforcement action to provide long term solutions to issues.
- To promote behaviour change through encouraging public and businesses to proactively keep their neighbourhood safe and clean through participation in community activities, safer neighbourhood schemes and other public-spirited initiates
- To deliver a range of services within a framework of legislation, statutory instruments, codes of practice, corporate policies, local systems, audit schemes, policies, guidance and good professional practice, including inspections, surveys, visits, investigations, samples, monitoring standards, investigating complaints and service requests, gathering evidence, undertaking interviews, taking statements and determining appropriate action.
- To be visible to the public during your work shifts and proactively undertaking intelligence gathering, networking, CCTV monitoring and uniformed patrolling activities.
- To obtain and consider all available evidence and best practice advice; to undertake consistent, proportionate, targeted, accountable and transparent enforcement action to resolve any identified non-compliances.
- Able to record information, undertake investigations relating to statutory issues and prepare reports including those to be used in court papers from time to time.
- Able to skilfully communicate verbally and in writing to explain issues and consequences of anti-social behaviour and environment crime, including giving evidence in Court.
- Must be prepared to work morning, day, evening or night shifts on any day of the week, including Bank Holidays.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact Lorien.Nash@hounslow.gov.uk
To view the Hounslow Employee Benefits, Job Description and Employee Specification please visit our website.
Closing Date: 13th January 2019
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 21 January 2019