Private Rented Standards Officer
Post Title: Private Rented Standards Officer
Reference Number: 800255
The private rented sector in Sheffield is growing. And so are we!
We’re a high performing, creative and energetic team who love helping private landlords and tenants, so that the private rented sector is regulated well. We’re keen to share our enthusiasm and knowledge with people from a housing background who would like to grasp the opportunity to learn about the world of the private rented sector.
We are very ambitious in the expectations we have of ourselves and others.
Could you help us to achieve our ambitions?
We’re looking for people with drive and enthusiasm to join our well established knowledgeable and experienced team.
- You will have a background in housing, surveying, building maintenance, housing advice or similar
- You may be a new graduate who is keen to develop good experience
- You may not fully meet the Job Specification at this point - but have the positive mind-set to achieve it with our help
- You will understand that we enforce and regulate private landlords, but you will be equally comfortable building and maintaining positive working relationships with them
- You will enjoy contributing to team work, but will be keen to take responsibility and be accountable for your own case load
- If you have experience of statutory enforcement in a housing related field or indeed another, such as the Police or Environmental Services we would encourage you to apply
Due to an extended advertisement period and the Christmas holidays we will be offering two options for interviews, at candidates convenience: –
To be considered for an interview during the Week com 10th December 2018 please apply by 5th December 2018.
Alternatively apply by the closing date of 2nd January 2019 with all final interviews to follow Week com 21st January 2019.
Informal Enquiries: Lee Wilkes 0114 2734680
Salary: Grade 6 (£24,657 - £29.055)
Please visit the Sheffield City council website to apply:
We are committed to fairness and social justice and welcome applications from everyone. We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.