Trading Standard Officer
Buckingham Futures are recruiting for an experienced Trading Standard Officer in Kent, qualified to DTS or degree level to carry out a three month project on the enforcement of legislation which regulates the letting agents and property management sector.
Duties to include:
- Investigate complaints alleging breaches of consumer protection legislation.
- Carry out testing and verification of weighing and measuring equipment.
- Carry out testing of council’s working standards of weights, measures and testing equipment.
- Compile reports of offences in accordance with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act. Prepare case for Court and give evidence in Magistrates or Crown Court as necessary by liaising with solicitors or barristers.
- Lead in agreed team projects.
- Provide a comprehensive advice service to consumers in order to appropriately inform consumers of their legal position.
- Carry out inspections of retail trade outlets, advise in respect of appropriate legislation and deal with infringements of the law as necessary.
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of legislation assigned to the service.
- Develop specialist skills in areas of agreed topics.
- Provide support to other officers where required.
Pay Rate: c£37.00 per hour
This is a temporary, but possibly long term role.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com