Senior Planning Enforcement Officer
Our Client in Kent is recruiting for a Senior Planning Enforcement Officer to support the Team Leader Licensing and Enforcement in providing a Planning enforcement service to achieve the priorities and objectives of the Council.
Coordination and identification of retrospective applications in conjunction with the Planning Department of the Council for planning permission, advertisement consent, Listed Building consent, consent to fell trees, etc including: site inspections, negotiations with applicants/agents, consultations with appropriate departments, organisations, individuals, writing reasoned justifications and formulating recommendations for consideration by Planning Committee and the Head of Health and Enforcement.
Providing advice and guidance to the general public, agents and applicants and other sections and departments of the Council, and other bodies on planning enforcement matters.
Monitoring and reviewing progress of planning enforcement obligations.
Manage, develop and appraise the Generic Enforcement and Planning
Preparing and presenting the Local Planning Authority’s case in connection with Appeals against Enforcement Notices and the decisions of the Local Planning Authority.
Investigating breaches or alleged breaches of planning control and initiating enforcement procedures with liaison with the enforcement team and the Council’s Solicitor.
Preparing statements in respect of Appeals made against the Council’s decision on enforcement matters. Preparing and giving of evidence on behalf of the Council at Court, Public Inquiries and Informal Hearings.
- HNC / HND in Planning or a degree in Planning or other relevant subject
- A post graduate qualification in Planning or a related subject.
- Member of the RTPI
- Significant experience of working in Planning Enforcement Experience of preparing statements and giving evidence or similar
- Experience of dealing with the public including challenging and sensitive situations
- Experience of providing advice and guidance
- Experience of staff management Experience of preparing reports and briefing papers
- Knowledge Working knowledge of Planning Enforcement and related legislation
For further information including the job description, person specification please call us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.