Officer – Customer Safety
Officer - Customer Safety
Salary: £36,500 - £40,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Mon - Fri 09:00 - 17:30
Location: The VHQ, Crawley
Closing date: 8th November 2018
In a nutshell
Are you looking for a new role within Customer Safety? Then this could be the one for you...
As part of our Operations Team your role will be identification, monitoring and improvement of our Health and Safety issues within the Virgin Holidays programme to ensure the safety and welfare of our customers.
Day to day
- Approval and signing off of properties and other suppliers as acceptable for customer use from a H&S perspective.
- Plan and carry out audits of hotels and all facilities, excursions, transport and adventure activities.
- Storage and retrieval of all H&S information on PASS system.
- Correspond with suppliers notifying them of deficiencies and negotiate deadlines for rectification of issues.
- Maintain accurate electronic and paper files following completion of H&S audits, including audit documents, data, records, and reports
- Ensure compliance with Virgin Holidays policies and procedures
- Lead and co-ordinate projects
- Liaise with key internal departments on all issues relating to Overseas Customer Safety and Health.
- Handle co-ordination of joint auditing trips with other tour operators as required
- Investigate illnesses, incidents and accidents to ensure issues are addressed to prevent re-occurrence and provide Virgin Holidays due diligence
- Monitor CSQ illness scores and accident stats to identify trends and implement remedial actions.
- Support our legal department with drafting witness statements as required alongside representing us in the event of legal proceedings
- Provide customer services and legal services with appropriate information to assist in defending claims and reducing compensation.
- Write and deliver training presentations to all levels
- Produce, review and update training manuals, procedures and guidance notes for UK staff, overseas staff, suppliers and agents
- Attend educational training courses in order to stay ahead of current issues/changes in legislation alongside personal development
- Formulate action plans for hotel managers based on findings and follow up remedial actions with suppliers
- Responsible for the development, delivery and auditing of the department QMS in line BS EN ISO 9001:2008
At Virgin Holidays were always striving for an excellent customer experience from start to finish and that’s where you come in. You will have a genuine real passion for the industry alongside priding yourself on having the natural ability to engage with suppliers and handle challenging scenarios when they arise.
It’s a busy role as your be working in a department that is crucial to our business success so working accurately is key. You'll be hardworking, confident and motivated with excellent communication skills.
- H&S Degree or advanced level Food Hygiene qualification from accredited governing body (e.g. CIEH)
- H&S Degree or advanced level Health and Safety qualifications from accredited governing body (e.g. CIEH, IOSH)
- A qualification and / or experience of maintaining, developing, internal quality auditing and working within a Quality Management System (BS EN ISO9001 preferred)
Our team love this role as you get to work in a dynamic environment, be a creative problem solver with a strong commercial acumen and take accountability and ownership of your area of responsibility. You'll have the capability of blending experience, advice and evidence to reach recommendations and conclusions.
So if this role sounds of interest to you why not apply today?
Our pioneering spirit and passion keeps our brand vibrantly alive. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits in place to help you enjoy life to the full, as well as a world of travel opportunities including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic global destinations. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes, life assurance, child care vouchers and excellent discounts across the Virgin Group of companies. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible remote working is available.
Be you - our differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays are equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Our aim is to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated and we can unleash the potential of our brilliant mix of people.
Click here to follow us on LinkedIn and view our latest company updates and current live vacancies.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Holidays does not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not send unsolicited CVs to our job openings or to Virgin Holidays employees. Virgin Holidays is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.