Technical Officer (Housing Standards)
Technical Officer (Housing Standards) - Ref RT37218
G7 £25,212 to £29,614 per annum
37 hours per week
Walsall Council is looking for a Technical Officer, Housing Standards to join a forward thinking Money, Home, Job Service.
We are looking for an officer who is enthusiastic, innovative and will positively contribute to driving the service forward.
The team deals with all aspects of Private Sector Housing, including, minimum standards in rented accommodation, Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs), Energy Efficiency and Empty Homes, Disabled Facilities Grants as well as public health matters. However, this role will have specific emphasis on HMOs.
This is a new post and you will have the opportunity to work with other officers and to shape the service relating to changes to the HMO licensing legislation. This will include among other things responding to complaints from the public, dealing with mandatory licensing applications, inspections, preparation of work schedules and enforcement of legislation.
The successful candidate must have a
- BTEC National Certificate / Degree / HNC in Housing, Public Health, Environmental Health Studies surveying or other relevant field with a property / building surveying bias.
- Valid / recent Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) Certificate of competence (minimum of 1 day course) and
- Recent experience of local authority housing related environmental health role, or Housing technical role within a regulatory or procedural role.
Applicants with less (or no recent) experience will be considered provided they can fully satisfy the above criteria.
In addition to being a great place to work, we can offer the following benefits in return.
- 27 leave days (plus an additional 5 days after 5 years of service)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Child care voucher scheme
- Professional development opportunities and
- Flexible working arrangements.
Closing date: Tuesday 16th October 2018.
Interview date: To be communicated.
For an informal discussion regarding this post please contact Appollo Fonka on Appollonaris.email@example.com