Private Sector Housing Team Leader
Our client in East London is currently recruiting for an Private Sector Housing Team Leader to start asap.
This role will see you overseeing a small team of officers focusing on housing standards, disabled facility grants and private sector procurement to support our clients homelessness obligations.
You will respond to legislative changes by developing appropriate local strategies and policies as well as ensuring knowledge and practices are continually progressed delivering improvements to the service.
You will be working positively with those landlords who take their responsibilities seriously, whilst taking the strongest action against irresponsible and rogue landlords using The Housing and Planning Act 2016
Professional & Technical Accountabilities:
- Investigate complaints of poor housing conditions and undertake inspections of private sector housing to assess potential hazards under the Housing, Health and Safety Rating System.
- To undertake the inspection of HMOs in relation to the Council’s licensing function, management regulations and to assess conditions in relation to the HHSRS.
- Prepare letters, notices and schedules of work necessary to bring properties up to current statutory and Council standards and take appropriate enforcementaction to secure necessary improvements.
- Carry out the inspection of mobile home parks and other caravan sites to ensure compliance with appropriate site licenceconditions and associated legislation.
- To provide property owners, members of the public and businesses with general advice about the statutory requirements and guidance with regard to housing standards and management
Degree in Environmental Health, Housing or a Building related subject.
Qualified HHSRS practitioner
At least 2 years post qualification experience of working within a local government Environmental Health Team or similar.
Experience of undertaking property inspections and investigation of complaints of housing conditions and taking subsequent enforcement action.
Sound knowledge and experience of the regulatory framework, guidance and good practice in relation to the Housing Acts, Housing, Health and Safety Rating System, HMO legislation and associated enforcement legislation
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8732 5450.