Environmental Pollution Officer
Our client in the West London is recruiting for an experienced Environmental Pollution.
- To take the lead and personal responsibility for effective investigation and resolution of complex casework across the full range of Pollution Environmental Health functions.
- ASB & Environment Services incorporate noise and statutory nuisances' inclusive but not limited to construction/licensed premise/people noise, planning applications.
- Carrying out routine or unplanned visits and inspections to ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Understand complaints, investigate, negotiate and mediate between parties where possible to achieve positive outcome.
- Advise and respond to planning and licensing applications and desk search enquiries.
- Responsible for developing and delivering special projects, policy, research on areas of expertise and/or functional activity within the service.
- Identify learning from external sources to continuously improve service delivery
-BSc/MSc or Diploma in Environmental Health/Diploma in Environmental Health
- Hold competency in complex noise and statutory nuisances, planning and licensing applications
- Diploma in Acoustics and Noise Control
- Have a detailed knowledge of the legislative framework relevant to the team and experience in its application to casework in order to: o Identify and secure innovative interventions in the investigation of complaints and other enquiries.
-Prepare and write clear reports, specifications and other documentation relevant to legislation and service of notices.
- Effectively monitor the progress of works/actions required by informal/formal action.
- Report and recommend enforcement action for failure to comply with requirements of legislation and statutory notices.
-Attend court, prepare and give expert evidence as required;
- Hold a Certificate of Competence in Environmental Noise Measurement or equivalent.
For more information relating to the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call into our office at 02087325450