Regulatory Manager (Food)
Regulatory Manager (Food)
Salary/Grade: £47,541 - £50,442 per annum (PO7)
Hours per Week: 36
Nature of Employment: Full Time
DBS Required: No
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance. To find out more please visit: http://hounslowciviccentre.org.uk/
About The Team
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly experienced and forward looking Food Safety professional to join our friendly, committed but small team working closely with our Regulatory Services colleagues.
We take an intelligence led approach to our work across a wide Environment Health. You will be play a key role in our efforts to deal with compliance of FHRS inspections and LAEMS returns
- To be a senior professional and expert advisor for areas of responsibility. Including responding to Member enquiries, providing written Member advice.
- To deliver policy, system and legislative review and implementation, based on sound data and evidence analysis.
- LAEMS returns to be delivered.
- To undertake duties in compliance with Council policies; and local requirements such as service plans, policies, procedures, protocols, guidance, assessments, instructions, accreditation or audit schemes.
- To manage any grouping of functions within Community Enforcement to improve the environment,human health, fair trading and business prosperity.
- Seeking to change business, community or individual behaviour through communication, persuasion, advice and guidance; or enforcement;
- Achieving compliance with statutory requirements; and / or
- Providing direct services with Members and joint partners.
Essential for the Role
- A proven record of Management in Environment Health is essential.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact David Thrale@hounslow.gov.uk or 020 8583 5396
Interviews will be held during week commencing 22/10/2018