Food Officer/Environmental Health Officer
Full Time Food Officer, Environmental Health Officer
- Up to £40,000 per annum
- Full Time post
Our client, based in North London is looking for a Food safety officer to join their team. This role offers a unique opportunity to gain experience in an expanding Environmental Health Consultancy service and Environmental Protection regulation.
To provide technical professional environmental health services with the overall aim of protecting and improving the health and wellbeing of every resident, worker and visitor within the Borough. The post holder will be required to undertake their duties in the Food, Health and Safety Team
- Undertake the investigation of service requests and identify contravention of legislation and corrective action to be taken. This will include taking the appropriate action in line with the relevant policies, procedures and legislation in relation to appeals, infection, accidents, risk or other circumstances within the general purview of the section. Inspect or visit vehicles, stalls, plant or equipment.
- Carry out the enforcement of legislation and other powers in a timely and efficient manner, as may be required in line with service and statutory legal guidelines. This will include the presentation of evidence at legal and other quasi judicial hearings.
- Carry out planned food hygiene and food standards inspections and prepare reports and deal with related correspondence, notices and other documents.
- Scrutinise, process and comment on applications, plans reports schemes or other submissions for environmental guidance or clearance as directed.
- Undertake the sampling, testing or seizure of food, equipment, materials, or substances.
- Liaise with officers within Regulatory Services, council services, outside organisations, companies and individuals in order to deliver an effective Environmental Health Service.
- Ensure the Group Manager is kept fully informed on any aspect of work which is controversial, political, strategic, financial or otherwise of a sensitive or highly complex nature.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in legislation, policies, attitudes and techniques relevant to their service groups.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of publicity campaigns and educational work.
- Assist at meetings, working parties, public meetings, exhibitions or demonstrations
- Carry out specialist environmental health duties as requested and in accordance with experience and training.
- Carry out research or survey work related to the work of the Environmental Health Department. Participate in specialist project teams as required.
- Ensure that all financial information is accurately recorded on the appropriate system to make sure that payment and income data is robust.
- Ensure that pre-set financial targets are met and relevant budgets not exceeded.
- Conduct training for staff and official visitors with regard to the function and duties of the Environmental Health Department and for new initiatives and developments. Guide and supervise trainees, administrative and other staff as necessary.
- Successful completion of The Higher Certificate in Food Control
- Fully qualified EHORB registered and eligible for Corporate Membership of the CIEH
- Existing technical knowledge of the relevant areas of Environmental Health or the ability to develop technical knowledge
- Experience of taking enforcement action.
- Experience of a variety of effective communications techniques
- Ability to accurately draft legal documents
- Competent user of Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to accurately record data using specialist software systems
- Has a flexible attitude and is able to adjust to change in tasks at short notice
A copy of relevant qualifications, CPD certificates and certificates of registration with EHORB/EHRB (or equivalent) must be held on file by Buckingham Futures before the contract commences
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org