Parking Enforcement Officer
Our Client in South London is recruiting for a Parking Enforcement Officer to provide an efficient and effective service of parking enforcement, in order to minimise vehicles parking in contravention through the issue of penalty charge notices in appropriate cases.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To carry out Patrols of on-street and off-street parking, either individually or as part of a team. Patrols may be on foot or by vehicles according to instructions.
- To identify infringements and contraventions of appropriate regulations and undertake enforcement activities as required by the contract.
- To record and issue PCNs using manual or computerised systems, accurately and efficiently.
- To check that parking signs and notices are accurate and that PCNs issued comply with the relevant signage; to report inaccurate or missing signs and lines, including visual checks on their physical condition.
- To operate the two way radio and / or mobile phones to maintain regular contact with the office / other Civil Enforcement Officers, ensuring correct radio / mobile phone procedures are followed at all times.
- To maintain a pocket note book and record evidence relating to illegal parking activity, as necessary.
- To make written reports and participate in adjudication hearings as required.
- To ensure that nominal identification is carried and that the issued uniform is worn at all times when on duty and maintained in clean and tidy order.
- To play a responsible role in relation to health and safety, welfare and discipline within the Parking Enforcement Team.
- To work shifts to meet the requirements of Parking Regulations.
- To be conversant with Traffic Regulation Orders, Parking Legislation and Civil Parking Enforcement practices and procedures.
- City & Guilds level 2 in CCTV/Parking Enforcement
- City & Guilds in Conflict Management
- First Aid qualification
- Experience of patrol / parking enforcement work.
- Previous experience with Uniformed services
- Dealing with conflict situations
- Previous use of handheld technology & digital equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the regulations on parking enforcement.
- Trained or capable of being trained to NVQ or City & Guilds standards.
- Current clean manual driving license.
- Good arithmetic and literacy skills – (GCSE grade D or equivalent Maths and English)
- Previous experience of working with the public
For further information including the job description, person specification please call us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance