environmental protection specialist
Our client in West London is seeking to recruit an environmental protection specialist to join their Nuisance Control Team responsible for the investigation of a range of nuisance issues and act as a source of expertise on noise pollution matters in commercial and domestic settings.
You will be able to demonstrate your technical expertise in nuisance control and enforcement in a similar regulatory role, demonstrate experience in reviewing licensing and planning applications. The applicant will need to have excellent communication skills and be able to write clear, concise reports for this purpose.
Our client is looking for a proactive and committed person with a strong customer focus, exceptional communication skills and a practical approach to enforcement.
You must possess Environmental Health enforcement experience either as a qualified Environmental Health officer or educated to degree level in a relevant discipline.
The team operates on a shift basis which includes nights and weekends so ideally the candidate would be prepared to contribute to this.
Some provision for remote working can be made once induction completed.
- hold a qualification in at least one science subject, hold a good first degree, and
- possess good IT skills (with experience of case management systems – eg. Flare, Acolaid, M3),
- demonstrate their understanding of noise nuisance, other nuisance, legal powers for addressing issues (EPA 90, COPA, ASB)
- demonstrate acoustic expertise including in the review of noise issues and planning and licencing applications
- have current knowledge of the regulation of enforcement of nuisance in a local authority context
Starting rate will be up to £34.00 per hour and will dependent upon qualifications and experience.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org