Our client in Central London is looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated Acoustic Consultant to join our expanding Acoustics & Noise team in Central London. You will be qualified in Acoustics, or a related discipline, you will have established experience working on a range of building and environmental acoustics projects for construction consultancies and be a member of the Institute of Acoustics.
The Acoustics & Noise team has a large project portfolio – including key infrastructure projects such as high speed rail HS2 phase 2B and other nationally significant projects such as the Defence National Rehabilitation Centre.
About the job:
You will be joining a small close knit team based in London and be supported by other teams across the country. You will be a key point of contact liaising with consultants, engineers, architects and public bodies and reporting during formal meetings.
Although most of your time will be in the office you will not be there every day as you will travel to sites to undertake noise and vibration measurements and sound insulation tests, predominantly in the London and South East area .
You will spend a large part of your time drafting technical reports and marking-up architectural/engineering plans as well as working through data management and computer modelling. To clarify this you will update and maintain technical databases, process and analyse the measurement of data and undertake noise calculations and acoustic computer modelling.
This is a great position for an established consultant who is still relatively new to the industry. We are looking for a person who is interesting in growing through professional development with an eye on further acoustic related academic qualifications.
Knowledge and Experience:
- The provision of acoustic design advice for a range of project types
- Project experience, ideally both in building acoustics and environmental noise
- Working knowledge of current standards and guidance documents commonly used
- Undertaking computer modelling using software packages such as CadnaA, NoiseMap, Insul, CATT and EASE (or similar)
- Established experience in acoustic consultancy
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- A degree in acoustics / audio (or a related discipline), the IOA Diploma or equivalent
- A full UK driving licence
- Associate member or corporate member of the Institute of Acoustics
- Ensure compliance with all Quality, Health & Safety Environmental regulations and considerations
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com