Technical Officer (Asbestos)
Our client in South London is recruiting for a Technical Officer (Asbestos)
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
The post holder will be responsible for conducting management and refurbishment / demolition asbestos surveys within council owned and leased properties, removing samples for analysis by an independent laboratory.
The post holder will also be required to attend emergency situations to undertake appropriate surveying, sampling, assessments and advice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be responsible for undertaking Management and Refurbishment/Demolition surveys in council owned and leased properties that will include conducting appropriate material and priority assessments in addition to proposing recommendations.
- You will be responsible for undertaking condition surveys in council owned and leased properties to risk rate in accordance to council policy. To make appropriate recommendations based upon your findings.
- You will be responsibility for dealing with emergency situations because a suspect material has been damaged or is preventing other repairs and maintenance works to include conducting an appropriate assessment, where necessary restricting access to possible contaminated areas, specifying and organizing any remedial local or full environmental clean.
- You will be responsible for taking any necessary samples adopting appropriate procedures within the scope of current legislative guidance, to include sending the samples to the approved laboratory for analysis, updating the Corporate Asbestos Database, specifying and ordering works as required, monitoring and supervising asbestos removal or repair works, providing advice and guidance on appropriate treatment and removal methods.
- Prepare detailed reports and schedules in connection therewith to an advanced level.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Qualified to undertake asbestos surveys and bulk sampling.
- Must hold P402 Building Surveys and Bulk Sampling as a minimum (or equivalent).
- Proven Demonstrable experience of asbestos surveying.
- Experience of managing asbestos survey and removal projects.
- Extensive knowledge of the legislation specific to health and safety law and best practice relating to asbestos, in particular the Control of Asbestos at Work regulations 2012.
To register your interest please call us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com