Health and Safety Enforcement Consultant
Our client in Essex is recruiting for a Health and Safety Enforcement Consultant to enforce all health and safety legislation administered by Environmental Health Services including the compilation and undertaking of relevant project work; accident and complaint investigations including the provision of mentoring to less experienced staff members.
- To carry out risk based interventions of relevant workplaces, to ensure that the provisions of relevant Acts, Regulations, byelaws, codes of practice, etc. relating to health and safety at work are enforced within agreed authority levels and that enforcement action is carried out in accordance with Council policies, departmental procedures and relevant public enforcement statements.
- To ensure the achievement of allocated service plan objectives/targets in adherence to national and local protocols.
- To respond to enquiries and investigate complaints in accordance with standard methods, with a view to achieving resolution through the use of suitable formal and informal remedies, including provision of informal advice and mediation, service of statutory notices, legal proceedings, etc.
- To investigate accidents and incidents notified in accordance with the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations, having regard to the national incident selection criteria.
- To undertake assessment of appropriate enforcement decisions through the use of the Enforcement Management Model.
- To carry out site visits, surveys, inspections, interventions as appropriate.
- To provide advice to local businesses, commerce, consumers and residents on complying with relevant legislation and technical matters.
- To prepare statutory notices in accordance with delegated powers having regard to national protocols and relevant public enforcement documents and arrange appropriate service of such notices.
- To compile reports, statements, schedules, etc. for consideration of prosecutions, simple cautions in accordance with established procedures, in some cases leading to the presentation of evidence in court or other hearings.
- Demonstrable experience in the health and safety enforcement field for at least 2 years.
- Experience of successfully prioritising and managing own caseload (interventions; accident/incident investigations; service requests and/or project work.
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety legislation and current issues.
- Diploma/BSc/MSc in Environmental Health, or NEBOSH Diploma, or equivalent with extensive relevant experience.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org