Environmental Health Manager
Buckingham Futures have an amazing opportunity in North London for an Environmental Health Manager to manage and lead their Environmental Health Team and support and develop high quality, cost effective and customer focused services that seek to protect and enhance the safety, health and environment.
Overall Purpose of Job
- To develop high quality, cost effective services in Environmental Health.
- To provide advice to the Council, Cabinet Executive and Senior Management Team on matters pertaining to the delivery of Environmental Health services.
- Private sector Housing
- Health & Safety
- Infectious Diseases
- Environmental Protection
- Public Health
- Empty Homes
- Community Protection
Key Roles, Tasks and Responsibilities
- To lead and manage the Environmental Health Team and ensure that all staff perform to the best of their ability and maintain motivation and performance.
- To manage assigned budgets and resources and secure efficiency gains.
- Ensure resources are allocated according to demand and work streams are integrated to strengthen and form links across all Environmental Health Service work areas.
- To drive a system of performance management and improvement across all Environmental
- To successfully manage change within the service unit and maintain an enthusiastic and committed team.
- To ensure that all staff have the necessary training and development to undertake their roles effectively and to support/mentor staff to enhance skills and understanding.
- To be responsible for the provision of a section service plan on an annual basis and for its subsequent implementation and review.
- To implement and develop performance management for the service and be responsible for an overview of relevant operational and corporate risks ensuring any new, emerging or potential future risks are identified and mitigated.
Qualifications, essential experience
- Relevant, professional environmental health qualification and at least 3 years’ experience of leading, managing and delivering Environmental Health.
- IT competent in uniform/Idox would also be beneficial.
- The manager would also be expected to take on some case work.
- Recent Food experience is essential.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com