Community Cohesion Manager
Community Cohesion Manager
Hours p/w: 37
Full time/ Permanent Position
Salary: £ 48,963 - £ 52,122
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
The Community Cohesion Team provides a critical front line service for Milton Keynes Council. Its key role is to develop and contribute to a partnership approach to safeguard the safety and wellbeing of residents of, and visitors to Milton Keynes.
You will work with partners, including statutory agencies, to develop an outcome based strategic and multi-agency approach to community safety, ensuring that measures are put in place to reduce crime and the fear of crime and promote community cohesion.
You will coordinate the Council’s response to tackling anti-social behaviour, working with statutory agencies and colleagues from within the Neighbourhood Team. You will take ownership of the Council’s approach to anti-social behaviour, setting the agenda and performance targets.
You will ensure that the Council is prepared to deal with emergency situations in line with its obligations as a category one responder as defined by the Civil Contingencies Act 2004. You will coordinate the Council’s work with partners to identify risks and develop capabilities to mitigate those risks by way of plans, training and exercises.
- To lead the development, implementation and monitoring of an effective, outcome based strategic and multi-agency approach to community safety, emergency planning and anti-social behaviour.
- To prepare, deliver and implement emergency planning protocols to mitigate the effects of any emergency on the public and the environment and to fulfil the Council’s statutory and professional duties.
- To lead and develop a team of highly trained professionals to provide specialist advice on matters relating to community safety, ASB and emergency planning.
- To implement Government and Local Authority policy, regulations, procedures and guidance as it affects community safety, anti-social behaviour and emergency planning.
- To promote partnership work, joint planning and action with other statutory, voluntary and private organisations, for example the Police, Probation Service, Public Health, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Fire Service and the voluntary sector.
- To draft bids and secure external funding to support delivery of SaferMK.
- To support the Service Director and the Head of Communities to develop the Council’s strategy, policies and procedures in relation to community safety, ASB and emergency planning.
- To manage the budget in relation to community cohesion.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Possess a degree level qualification and/or significant relevant experience in a senior leadership role in Emergency Planning, Community Safety or Anti-Social behaviour
- Qualification in a relevant Housing, Emergency Planning or Community Safety related field
- CMI level 5 or above in management or equivalent
- Extensive experience in the delivery of operational housing, community safety or emergency planning services
- Experience of developing and delivering strategic plans that deliver corporate objectives
- Experience of implementing and monitoring Performance Management Systems
- Experience of leading and delivering change within a complex organisation
- Significant experience of leading outstanding customer focused services
- Experience of managing complex projects and initiatives
- Experience of effectively setting and managing budgets and resources
- Experience of working with and developing new arrangements with partners including elected members and external agencies
- Experience of reporting to Board /Committees
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
To apply, please fill in our digital application form on the Milton Keynes Council Careers website https://goo.gl/KkTH25
Closing date for receipt of applications: 02nd February 2018