Higher Certificate Technical Officer (Food and Safety)
Our Local Authority client in Hampshire is recruiting for a Higher Certificate Technical Officer (Food and Safety) for 6 months (Maternity Cover) for 30 hours a week to implement the council’s statutory duties in relation to food safety and occupational health and safety, and any other environmental health matters as required
1. Food safety and occupational health and safety enforcement, taking action to secure compliance with relevant legislation.
2. Responding to service requests, carrying out infectious disease, accident investigations and inspection of premises and taking appropriate action.
3. Giving professional advice and opinions on food safety and occupational health and safety matters
1. Undertaking inspections of, and interventions in, commercial premises which are the subject of legislation enforced by the food safety and occupational health and safety team.
2. Investigating service requests, infectious disease cases and reportable accidents notified to the food safety and occupational health and safety team.
3. Taking enforcement action as necessary to ensure compliance with statutory obligations in accordance with relevant enforcement policies and local procedures.
4. Interpretation of, and giving clear advice about, food and occupational health and safety matters
5. Preparation and service of informal and formal notices
6. Preparing and giving legal evidence in court
7. Delivering formal training sessions on food safety and occupational health and safety topics as required
8. Contributing to the continuous development and improvement of the food and safety team through service planning meetings, team meetings and specific project work.
9. Attending appropriate training to ensure that the requirements of the business unit and Chartered Institute of Environmental Health are met with regard to Continuous Professional Development
10. Maintaining knowledge and awareness of professional and technical developments within the disciplines of food safety, health and safety at work and infectious disease.
The post holder must possess the Higher Certificate in Food Control issued by the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board. This will be necessary to assess high risk food premises.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org