Senior Consultant, Housing and Health
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Senior Consultant, Housing and Health
Location: Midlands/ Northern England
We are looking for a talented Consultant, able to work in a rapidly changing environment, who has experience in environmental health and a detailed understanding of the local authority private sector housing function.
BRE is a world leading, multi-disciplinary, building science centre with a mission to improve buildings and infrastructure, through research and knowledge generation.
Within the Housing and Energy Group, we provide unique energy advisory services to government and major public and private sector clients worldwide. These range from strategic and commercial support, and carbon and energy management programmes, to regulatory and policy guidance.
The reputable Housing and Health team provide modelled housing data; mainly indicators of condition, health impact, energy efficiency and fuel poverty. Our customers include local authorities responsible for housing, private rented sector licensing, public health and domestic energy efficiency policy across the whole of the housing stock, with the main focus on the private sector.
The Senior Consultant would be expected to assist in developing, marketing and delivering some of the new services being developed by the team as well as assisting in the delivery of the existing services provided. You will also get to manage a range of client projects against budgets, timescales and standards.
Although the location of the role can be Midlands or Northern England, there would be a requirement for regular travel to our BRE headquarters in Garston.
The consultant would be responsible for:
- Providing an up to date understanding of the local authority private sector housing function and ensuring this is reflected in services developed and delivered
- Assisting with the development of some of the new services along with the marketing and promotion of them once delivered
- Managing a range of client projects and delivering them timetable, budget and quality standards
- Liaising effectively with clients and team members
- Liaising with predominantly local authority officers in sourcing their local data
- Dealing with all data licensing issues arising including GDPR and data protection etc.
- Generally assisting in other work of the team and the Housing and Energy group as needs arise including involvement in the delivery of the teams supporting role to the contracts delivered by the national housing survey team
- Have experience of and a thorough and up to date understanding of the local authority private sector housing function
- Be numerate and able to analyse and interpret and effectively communicate a range of statistical information on housing, private rented sector licensing, energy, fuel poverty and public health
- Have good report writing skills and experience, ideally associated with housing and energy efficiency
- Possess good interpersonal skills and be an effective communicator and presenter
Be prepared to be responsible for projects anywhere in the UK but have particular responsibility for Northern England and the Midlands.