Team Leader Emergency Planning
Team Leader Emergency Planning
Full time, permanent positon – 37 hours per week
Salary – £34,106 – £38,052
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
As the Team Leader for Emergency Planning you will work as part of the Communities Team within the Housing and Regeneration Service to deliver outstanding services in relation to emergency planning, and contribute to the delivery of the Council’s strategic objectives. You will manage and motivate the Emergency Planning Team to deliver outstanding performance, high customer satisfaction and value for money while building excellent internal and external working relationships to enhance service delivery in Milton Keynes.
- To manage and develop a team of highly trained professionals to develop and implement resilience response activities to ensure that the council prepares and responds effectively and efficiently to emergencies
- To ensure the Council develops and maintains statutory emergency plans and all other associated preparedness activities
- Support the development and implementation of strategies, policies and plans relating to Emergency Planning
- Take the lead role in all Emergency Planning activities
- You will ensure that joint response strategies are developed with appropriate external partners to maximise cooperation between partner organisations in the event of a major incident
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- 5 GCSEs grade A-C including English (or equivalent level of educational attainment)
- Knowledge and understanding of the Civil Contingencies Act
- Qualifications related to Emergency Planning and/or substantial experience in relation this discipline
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of relevant Emergency Planning legislation
- Demonstrate an awareness of IT systems and able to use Word and Excel
- Able to manage a high workload and conflicting priorities
- Experience of communicating verbally and in writing to a range of audiences.
- Evidence of problems analysed and innovative solutions proposed and implemented successfully.
- Able to demonstrate people management skills and influence, persuade and negotiate to achieve positive outcomes
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
- Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
At Milton Keynes Council we take great pride in our Community and we hope that you can help us grow and share our vision.
For any informal enquiries regarding this vacancy please contact Mark Wolski on 01908 258056 or email Mark.Wolski@milton-keynes.gov.uk
Closing date : 16th November 2018